Where did you go in 2015?
Date 12/10/2015 Categories Travel Blog
This is the season for fun and reflection. We know you are likely out shopping, attending holiday parties, and gathering with family and friends. We thought it would be fun to take a look at where Big Five has been in 2015; so, here are some of the locations and activities we have enjoyed this year as we worked to bring you the best and the latest.
- Tatiana: Watched my 10-year-old son dance with the Maasai Warriors and learn how to read animal tracks in Kenya
- Volker: Had the unusual chance to watch the sun rise from the top of Table Mountain in Cape Town, South Africa
- Gisela: Enjoyed a very early breakfast with a naturalist on a platform in the middle of the beautiful Valle Lake in the Ibera Wetlands, Argentina
- Colin: Explored some very remote villages in Myanmar that can only be reached by boat
- Susie: Rappelled inside a waterfall with my son, 14, in the wilds of Costa Rica
- Deborah: Hiked through knee-high mud in Ecuador’s Amazon Rainforest to meet the traditional Waorani people (see photos below)
- Brenda: Kayaked Guatemala’s incredible Lake Atitlan with its three lovely volcanoes as a backdrop
- Ashish: Fly camping in the amazing Agafay Desert of Morocco
- Mahen: Learned how to grow Indian spices – cinnamon, clove and cardamom – in Kerala, South India
- Shiv (Ashish’s son, age 8): Tracked jaguars in Colombia and almost got ants all over my foot.
We wish you all safe journeys in 2016.