Day 1: Arrive San Jose, Costa Rica / Arenal Region
Arrive at the San Jose International Airport. Upon clearing immigration and customs, exit the airport and meet your Big Five guide and driver who will be waiting for you. Settle in for the private two-and-a-half hour scenic drive to the Arenal Region in the northern mountains of the Central Valley, then down towards the flatlands of San Carlos. The Arenal Volcano rises up from the rainforest like a natural monument. One of many remarkable sights in the area, this mountain of fire symbolizes the adventure and mysticism of the region. Known as the adventure capital of Costa Rica, the Arenal Volcano/Fortuna area offers outdoor adventures, ranging from whitewater rafting, canyoning and caving to more leisurely activities such as hikes through the rainforest and soothing soaks in hot springs. Encompassing rainforest, thermal hot springs, and Costa Rica’s largest lake, the Arenal region represents an area rich in bio-diversity. Arenal Kioro Suites & Spa - Suite
Day 2: Arenal Region
After breakfast, you will enjoy the Sky Tram & Sky Trek tour. This adventure in the rainforest starts when you board the sky tram for a ten-minute aerial ride through the rainforest. Take in magnificent views of the volcano and the Arenal Lake. From the main platform, you glide into the rainforest canopy along a total of ten zip lines across more than two miles of cable. Arenal Kioro Suites & Spa – Suite (B)
Day 3: Arenal Region
You have the day at leisure to relax and enjoy the spa or to explore the area. The hotel features thermal pools fed from nearby springs and of the region’s top spas. Your guide and vehicle will be at your disposal today. There are a variety of optional activities available (Optional activities not included):
• Visit the Fortuna River Waterfalls, just three miles from town. Here, you can see magnificent waterfalls cascade into the rainforest and have the opportunity to hike and swim in the river.
• Go rafting on the Sarapiqui River. The river has Class III and IV rafting for adventure aficionados and Floating Safari Class II rafting for those who prefer a slower-paced, nature experience. Both are excellent tours featuring amazing scenery, stunning wildlife and thrilling adventures.
• Try canyoning, one of the country's top adventure activities. It involves rappelling down five walls, including four waterfalls, inside the rainforest – truly an unforgettable experience!
• For nature and kayaking lovers, Arenal Lake offers you the opportunity to experience a memorable kayaking outing as you scan the lake banks and trees for wildlife in this rich ecosystem.
• Tour the forest in the Hanging Bridges Tour. This is an impressive hike in the rainforest over a series of suspension bridges. View various types of flora and fauna at differing heights – from ground level to well above the canopy. A dramatic way to see the jungle!
• Extreme adventure fans will want to experience the Venado Caves. Spend between one-and-a-half to two hours in a guided visit, climbing walls, sliding through mud-holes, hiking in underground rivers, and exploring these unique caves. Your clothes are likely to be ruined, but the adrenaline rush makes it worth it.
• Enjoy a “Floating Safari” tour through the Cano Negro Wildlife Refuge. This area is considered to be of the best sites on the continent for bird watching. It is also home to a number of animals such as sloths, three types of monkeys, caimans, lizards, bats, and a myriad of flora native to the wetlands. Arenal Kioro Suites & Spa – Suite (B)
Day 4: Arenal Region / Manuel Antonio National Park
Check out of the hotel and board your private van for the four-and-a-half hour guided transfer to Manuel Antonio National Park. The scenic, winding road passes through San Carlos, San Ramón and Orotina en route to the shores of Jaco. Continue along the Central Pacific through the towns of Esterillos and Parrita en route to Quepos, a fishing town near Manuel Antonio. Manuel Antonio is the most popular destination in Costa Rica, yet the government has been able to keep this famous national park unspoiled. You can find almost any type of adventure including sport fishing, sea kayaking, catamaran cruises, whitewater rafting, canopy tours, nature hikes, ATV tours, horseback riding, and surfing. Arenas del Mar Beach & Nature Resort - Ocean View Premium Suite (B)
Day 5: Manuel Antonio
Set out this morning on a private guided hike through this exquisite national park, one of the jewels of Costa Rica’s national park system. Three species of monkeys, sloth’s, iguanas, coatimundis, reptiles and a wide range of birds inhabit the area. After the tour, relax on the pristine beaches or return to the hotel. Please note: If you decide to spend the day in the park, arrange with your hotel for a box lunch and bottled drinks since there are no services inside the park. When you are ready, your driver will be waiting to transfer you to your hotel. Arenas del Mar Beach & Nature Resort - Ocean View Premium Suite (B)
Day 6: Manuel Antonio
Explore the wonderful world of mangroves just 20 minutes away from the Manuel Antonio area. Discover a variety of amazing wildlife as you float in kayaks under lush canopy forest, silently watching a spectacular variety of birds, snakes, ant-eaters, and groups of white face monkeys. Arenas del Mar Beach & Nature Resort - Ocean View Premium Suite (B)
Day 7: Manuel Antonio
You have the morning at leisure for optional activities available in the area (Optional activities not included):
• Quepos is home to some of the world’s best sport fishing. Boats with experienced crews can be reserved for a half-day, in-shore outing.
• Join other horse lovers on a guided horseback tour through the Pacific Lowland Rainforest Reserves in Manuel Antonio to a spectacular waterfall where you can enjoy a refreshing swim in the pristine lagoon.
• Spend a half day whitewater rafting one of Costa Rica’s most picturesque rivers, the Naranjo River (Class II / III) accompanied by expert bilingual guides.
• Glide through the rainforest in a challenging canopy tour experience. Enjoy a trademark Costa Rican nature adventure while learning about this unique ecosystem.
This afternoon you will be picked up in the hotel lobby for your Sunset Cruise. Glide through crystal clear, aqua blue Pacific waters, marvel at the unspoiled beaches of Manuel Antonio, and explore the mysterious islands that lie just off the coast. After feasting your senses while enjoying the tranquility of sailing these pristine waters, the catamaran glides into a beautiful, protected bay so you and your group can swim under the cover of the tropical jungle. Snorkel along the coral reefs near the coastline, and let your bilingual guides help you discover the fascinating underwater domain – a playground of tropical fish and exotic marine life. As you enjoy the secluded bay and romantic landscapes, your crew will prepare a savory meal of fresh local produce, great bocas, tropical fruits, and a selection of refreshments. Arenas del Mar Beach & Nature Resort - Ocean View Premium Suite (B)
Day 8: Manuel Antonio / San Jose / Depart
Check out of the hotel and board the van for a three-hour private guided transfer to San Jose. The drive will take you along the Central Pacific shoreline and inland towards Orotina. Arrive west of the Central Valley in route to the San Jose International Airport for your return flight home. (B)
Land price, per person, double occupancy: Starting from $3450